Installing New Content
VGP3 comes with just one track and one car serie. However, you can install new tracks and/or new cars or series.
To install official contents, simply click the 'Updates' button, select the track or car serie you want to install and click the 'Download' button. For third parties contents, you'll need to install them manually.
Manually Installing New Tracks
If you want to manually install a new track, follow these steps:
- Get the track archive; official contents can be downloaded directly from the VGP3 Website, additional contents may be available from third parties
- Unpack the archive, and place the unpacked folder into the "circuiti" directory of your main VGP3 folder
- Start VGP3; the new track will be available in the track selection menu.
(Note: the new track will be named after its folder name - if you rename the folder after unpacking it, the new content will be displayed with the new name in the VGP3 selection menu - it could be useful if you have different versions of the same track and you want to have them all available at the same time in VGP3).
Manually Installing New Cars/Series
To manually install a new serie:
- Get the car/serie archive; official series can be downloaded directly from the VGP3 Website, additional series may be available from third parties
- Unpack the archive, and place the unpacked folder into the "veicoli" directory of your main VGP3 folder
- Start VGP3 and click the “Change Serie” button, use the top left < and > buttons to select the new car/serie.
Important Note: If you install a new car/serie that hasn't been pre-trained, the very first time you load a track the VGP3 AI will start to analyze such a track; during this phase, AI cars will remain in the pits, because they are trying to get at least a rough idea about where to “put the tyres” in order to complete a lap. You may experience some framerate drop, because such an analysis is quite CPU-intensive, however this phase should be completed in a couple of minutes. After the first, rough analysis has been completed, the AI will start to go around the track, in order to “learn” it. AI cars will be very slow, at first, because they’re learning the best line, the best braking points, the speed in corners and so on; however, they’ll improve lap after lap, just give them time and you’ll see that they’ll be faster and faster. Feel free to change track or exit VGP3 at any time, however, the AI will store its progress in the “config” directory of the current track folder so that the next time you load that track again, the AI will start from where it left off!